Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Bad Influence

Recently, Jona really drive me nut and crazy. He start scolding people or anything that make him upset: 'STUPID!!'

He like to scold Iz : "Stupid Iz", "Stupid Dadi".....
Iz scold him back: "Stupid Kor Kor"...and both just 'shooting' each other with this word. Even now, Iz will so easily scold people Stupid.

Jona even scold 'water rain' stupid, just because he urge want to pass urine and it is raining. So, he said "Stupid water" so spontaneously....I was like 'Huh, what?"

So, for the past few days, I already start to reprimand Jona - If he said it again, he cannot sleep with mommy anymore....so he start to behave himself again...whenever he said it by accidentally, he will immediately said sorry....and then, add "I only said stu only mah".....Imagine, so young already know how to defend himself...I really 'no eyes' see liao, but, anyway, I must see also la, cause he is my son mah....

All these while, I have been keep thinking where he learn all these words, and yesterday finally I find the culprit. IT IS FROM THE ASTRO KID CHANNEL - 616!! Can you believe it? It is Jona who tell me: "Mommy, mommy, listen, the DOG said stupid word again".....I was like 'huh, mm, ooo'.....

How could Astro Kid channel, got this kind of advertising or program for kids??!! No wonder, Jona thought that it is OK to said stupid, since TV program can repeating said it.....

I really have to think twice whether to disconnect the channel or limit Jona to Astro, but, Dadi is 'addicted' to Astro wor....aiyahh


This cute little rascal look so adorable, but, sometimes, it is really hard to make sure that he learn correct thing...

6 comments:

michelle@mybabybay said...

Another reason why my house has no ASTRO!

Health Freak Mommy said...

My kids say that word too and I admit it's my mistake coz i had said it a few times in front of them. But each time they say that word, I tell them not to say it again.

Mommy said...

actually jo, cannot blame astro totally, in my opinion la. sometimes, we say it without realising it and children just pick it up. if you think "stupid" is bad, try my case. pey gyn one day blurted out "f**k!" and it was enough to send my into panic mode! time to really really watch what we say around them
-pek imm

Chinneeq said...

alamak......but they surely learn very fast hor....

MamaJo said...

Mybabybay: Good on you!!

HealthFreakMommy: Usually, I don't said it out.....b'coz I know Jona will learn fast...always refrain myself

Mommy: Pek Imm, it is true that they learn it from Astro Chanel 616. Air time at 9.30pm everyday.....nowadays, when it is 9.30pm, I will switch the channel...

MummytoQiQi: yup..

IMMomsDaughter said...

I think I know that show, cannot remember the title. Is it the one with the old mand, woman and dog? I banned my kids from that cartoon. Hate it :P