Thursday, April 12, 2007

Rosella - known as 'natural Ribena'

Have you ever heard or see this Rosella before? Or scientific name called 'Hibiscus sabdariffa'. For me, it is just exactly like Ribena but, a very natural Ribena type of colour....

Thanks to my mum again, for planting this Rosella in my little garden, and from time to time, my mum, now my turn, will pluck it and then, cook it till the water change colour to red (exactly like ribena - blood colour to be exact), before I add rock sugar and keep in refrigerator for Jona and Isaac daily consumption.....They just love it so much.

My mum told me it is good for constipation(from her health magazine) and according to my Indian neighbour claim that it is good for varicose vein. Anyway, I do believe my mum more, cause it really help relieve Jona constipation problems....

I, myself prefer something natural for my kids, and doesn't cost me any money at all ;P ...just some hard work of giving fertiliser, plucking, cooking only mah...

1 comment:

chanelwong said...

i am lousy in gardening