Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother Day (Flashback of the celebration)

I have to admit that now, I start to enjoy mother day better compare to last year, even though this year, we don’t celebrate it at all ~ as my mom is away (in hometown), Dadi is travelling last weekend.

But, since Jona & Iz start to know the meaning of Mother Day (in their own way), it brings happier to me.

Jona make nice Mother Day card for me and he, himself feel proud of it. Even though he does give me the flower (on behalf of his kindy), maybe, he doesn’t contribute in making it, he seem not so keen when he present it to me. This son of mine is really a loving boy.

Last weekend, he even remind me and Iz that once we arrived at my sister house, we need to wish my sister “Happy Mother Day” because he say “Mommy, later when we go Aunty Flora’s house, we must also remember to wish Aunty Flora – ‘Happy Mother Day’. Because she is also a mother to Gaby”. I really speechless.

For Iz, he shows his love to me by presenting the flower in his special way. I think he is the kind of more like to present with action rather than wording compare to Jona. When I reach his kindy to fetch him back from nursery last Friday, he patiently waits for me behind the grill. From far, I can see him standing there with hands put at the back. At first, I didn’t though of anything. And, suddenly when teacher open the grill, he grin widely and ask me, “Mommy, do you know what is behind my back?” And, then, present me with this flower with the sweetest smile on his face. How thoughtful of him and wish me “Happy Mother Day”.

And, on Sunday, my pastor gives me these messages:

The meaning of the mother is universal:

M is for the million things she gives,
O means only that she is growing old,
T is for the tears she shed to save her child,
H is for her heart of purest-gold,
E is for her eyes, with love-light shining,
R means right, and right she will always be.

She spent sleepless nights when we were about to born.
She spent sleepless nights when we were very small.
She spent sleepless nights when we were going through our school exams.
She spent sleepless nights when we were used to come late during college days.
She spent sleepless nights when we went abroad for our 1st onsite assignments.
She spent sleepless nights when our marriage preparations were taking place.

And at the end…..what she gets in return.

Sleepless nights thinking of what she did wrong that her children left her alone at home to settle abroad?
She never complains, she never argues…..she only love and love and loves her children.
That’s the character of a Mother.

How touching……Here, I would like to wish all Mother a Happy Mother Day and hoping everyday, is a mother day to you!!!

6 comments:

Mommy Lose Weight said...

Happy belated Mother's Day to you! :)

Wen said...

wow Iz is so thoughtful!!!

michelle@mybabybay said...

I don't like the "O" part. Happy Mother's Day!

Chinneeq said...

so nice, got flower somemore!

Wai Wai said...

Aww.. so touchy.... that's why with all the sleepness nights it's all worth it hor..

MamaJo said...

Lingthat'sMe: You too!! Enjoy your motherhood. I know, I know, it is not easy but not all can be mom, you know :P

Wen: Hehe...he always full of creativeness and the most tricky one

Mybabybay: Haha....one day, we will getting old mah....

MummytoQiQi: Fake one ler....but, better than none lor hor...can't demand too much, otherwise, I have to pay more school fee liao...

Waiwai: Ya ya...now, only I know why...hehe...but, better than don't know at all hor...