Friday, November 10, 2006

Don't ever lost your Passport...

Really, if possible, don't lost your passport....It is really like a nightmare!!

Actually, in early 2005, I 'lost' my passport. To tell the truth, I actually, didn't know where I misplaced it or lost it(thanks to my pre-pregnancy symptom), I, myself didn't know till the night before I need to go to Singapore, only I realise - my passport is gone!! Police advice me to write passport lost due to thief in my statement, so, no need investigation and I can get my new passport immediately which is not...

I go through all the trouble of getting a replacement - wait for 3 mths to be investigate and have to send my request to Sarawak Immigresen to do so (cause I'm Sarawakian mah)....and finally, I get my passport and back to normal life after few mths. In another aspect, I'm free from travelling :) and my belly getting bigger day by day...

To cut story short, to my horror, I spend almost whole working day getting my passport renewal yesterday!! Can you imagine that - from 8.30 - 3pm?? Thanks to my company, which asked me to travel to Europe in the middle of Nov, which indirectly force me to renew my passport ASAP...

At 8.30am, I started already queue for the machine renewal passport at Damansara Height Immigresen (heard my colleague said superb fast)...but, when is my turn after queuing for 30 min, the officer in charge, told me I have to renew my passport by taking number (upstair). Reason: I lost my passport before...

Ok, at 9.10am, I got my number showing, that in front of me, there is around 150 people waiting....wait, wait, and wait...finally, at 10.40am, it is my turn...Hooray!!! To my dismay, after checking several minutes my document, he said, "Sorry, you cannot renew passport here"..."cause your passport lost, and we need 2 copies of passport all pages, 2 copies of IC, 2 copies of Birth Certificate"..."I will be working here till 4pm, come back see me once you have all these"...then, I told him, I'm not sure, where I keep my Birth Cert liao...and he kind enough to ask his colleague, and they told me..."You have to go back to Shah Alam, where you get your passport replacement before, reason: they didn't print your old passport details on the last page of this passport, so, we can't renew for you"..... ????!!!! What? How could it be possible??

Keep curse myself of so careless of misplace my passport in 2005, while driving to Shah Alam immigresen and arrive at 11.50am...The officer is not friendly at all...when I show her and told her what happened, she just give me number and ask me back at 2pm.....can you imagine?? I told her, I have been whole morning in immigresen Damansara Height already, and in angry tone, she told me "We have lots of people waiting here!"...

Spending my time, eating lunch slowly at KFC till 2pm...and wait back to the queue again....Again, my turn, the office ask same questions again...."why only 2 years?" I explained, and she said, ooohh...maybe, we cannot renew for you...and she asked her officer...both talk so long and tell me again, the last page no printed, etc....

Finally, at 3pm...I get my passport renew..and the officer 'sindir' me some more...."Next time, you should come straight to Shah Alam, so, you won't waste whole day"..."After 5 years, should no problem to renew at the machine lor"....

&^$(%^$$#....Morale of the story: Don't ever misplace or lost passport again lor!!

No comments: