Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Tag: 8 Random Facts About My Mum

I have to thanks Healy for giving me this wonderful Tag. To write this Tag, I have been searching high and low for my mom - wonderful pose...he,he..just can't find it lor....when I got time, better take my mom to studio to take some nice personal pic.


It is really meaningful and easy to write this Tag, because I have lot of stories to tell about my superb mom.

1. When she became grandmom, she just simply LOVE all her grandsons / granddaughters and pamper them so much till we all (her son and daughters) think it is too much. She will try to grant their wishes if she can fulfill it.

2. She simply a good cook!! Even my hubby keep praise her cooking and love homecook so much. And, Jona just put on weight when he is being taken care by my mom compare to daycare. Imagine all nice homecook food and all those nutritious chicken soup that she boil esp. for Jona. I'm really lousy cook lor....when I have superb cook mom, of course, I become lousy and lazy in learning how to cook.

3. Even though all of her kids has grow up, she still worries about us, esp when I went for travelling, or my younger sis take bus to come visit her. Or, if we faced some difficulties or problems, she will feel bad or worry about our problems too. That's why she is called MOM.

4. She love travelling so much. She said, while she is still fit to move around, she just wanted to travel as much as possible, which all of us truly agree with her. The big problem is, all of us is working and couldn't just simply take off to accompany her for longer period. She has been to China(several times), Korea, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, Singapore and what else huh, I can't remember liao... And, my biggest wish if I become SAHM one day, I will travel with her as much as I could.

5. Beside being excellent cook, she is superb in making pastry, cookies or cakes. It really taste yummy and nice. When I was young, I remember that she make birthday cake for us whenever one of us birthday. She make cookies for CNY, buns, curry puff, tart, etc for us to eat. And, she got lot of recipes book that she want to pass down to her daughters which currently only my eldest sis is interested on it.

6. She is excellent in taking care of me and my sis when we deliver our babies. Till now, I have no problem at all after confinement, even though, I switch on air con, fan 24 hours a day, and didn't really following the traditional rules of confinement. Mainly, I guess is because she boil and cook the nutritious meal for me.

7. She love gardening - esp planting the plant that contain good effect for health. Like pandan leaf - good to be drink daily for preventing gout, etc....

8. She love reading esp health magazine, newspaper and book. I guess my bro inherit this from my mom, and now, Jona too. Both my bro & Jona just love to go bookshop and can spend whole day inside bookshop without any problem. Definitely not Iz....:)

I can go on write and write and write about my mom, but, since it is 8 random facts about my mom, I better stop it now.....

Anyway, I really appreciate what my mom did to me all these years. Without her, I really couldn't be what I'm today - career & family....THANK YOU SO MUCH, My dear MOMMY!

I won't pass this Tag to other mommies, cause I guess all the mommies I knew, has done this Tag.

7 comments:

Chinneeq said...

Jona is so lucky to have your mum take care of him since young. So lucky of u too....

chanelwong said...

you have a supermommy hor..I always hear you praising your mom...

Mommy said...

when i read the part about your confinement period, i couldn't help but think what a cool mom you have! my mil helped me with mine and she was so strict, no joke! yes jo, take her for a makeover, she will love it
-pek imm

Health Freak Mommy said...

Your mom is a wonderful mother! You are blessed to have her as your mom.

MamaJo said...

Mummy to qiqi: Yeah...but, nowadays, my mum on and off at my home...so, pity Jona, miss his grandma for 1st few days...no more like previous liao....

Chanelwong: It's true. She really teach me a lot of things...and I really appreciate her esp when I'm a mom myself :)

Mommy: He,he...I know, I know..lot of my friends also comment like that...he,he...

HealthFreakMommy: I bet your mom is superb wonderful too!

Everyday Healy said...

waw.... you got a very caring and nice mum! She sounds modern too. Can read, yet very outgoing!

Anyway, why everyone's mum is such a great cook? haiyo... envy ler me!

:(

MamaJo said...

Everydayhealy: Aiyah..but, your mom is really businesswoman ler...really respect her. Anyway, like people said, "you see me good, I see you good lor" :)