Monday, September 03, 2007

Recipe: Egg Agar Agar

I'm not born to be a good cook (I admit it), but, since arrival of Iz, and recently, I force myself to learn and try to be hardworking mom in kitchen....


Iz just love FOOD so much...he can munch whole day, and can eat anything or whatever you eat! No wonder, his paed said he is a bit over weight based on his normal height and weight :)....

One of Iz favourite is JELLY....He always will ask "Ah ma, I wan jelly, I wan jelly" immediately he step his feet at home (from nanny house) to my mom.

Egg Agar Agar

20 gm Agar Powder
2 egg (separate yolk with white egg)
200 gm Sugar
1 Coconut (box/fresh santan/santan powder)
1000 ml water
Natural Colouring - pandan leave/rootbeet

(A) 500 ml water (mix with coconut santan) + 100 gm sugar = cook till everything melt. Then, add 1 spoon (10gm) agar into it, cook again, then, add natural coloring if needed. Wait till cold.

(B) Egg white = beat using blender till it getting hard.

(A) + (B) = mix together. Pour into tray. Mixture (1)

(C) 100ml coconut/santan + yolk = mix well + coloring if needed.

(D) 400ml coconut/santan/water + sugar = heat till everything melt. Then, add 1 spoon (10gm) agar into it, cook again and wait till cold.

(C) + (D) = mix together. Mixture (2)

Use 'Y' shape to pour Mixture (2) into the tray contain mixture (1). And, mixture (1) will float up, and mixture (2) will be bottom layer.
(Suppose the outcome is 2 layers only, with yolk content on top, but, dont' know why, it become 3 layers..he,he..)
So, here you go....a simple & nice & delicious Jelly recipe. It is really special and different from the bakery shop. You may want to try to make it yourself and serve your kids this yummy and healthy Jelly...

9 comments:

michelle@mybabybay said...

I didn't know you can put egg inside agar agar. I like it with coconut too...slurp~~~

Chinneeq said...

i was going to learn to make egg jelly too...

Mommy said...

sounds quite easy to make wor...must try, but dunno whether will be disaster or not, cos i myself quite reckless in the kitchen :D
-pek imm

chanelwong said...

your younger one can eat more than his korkor ...

Babysmooches said...

err.... can I come over to taste the egg jelly? hehehe. We stay so nearby but yet, we haven't meet up. We should do that someday..

Everyday Healy said...

slurp....

I loves Jelly! Five, LZ! haha...

But, I think by the time you are an expert in making jelly, Auntie Healy still only know how to eat!

hahahaha.....

You are so lucky to have a mum who knows how to cook! :)

MamaJo said...

Mybabybay: Try it, it is really nice. I also don't know, but, my mom said try, I try lor..

Mummy to QiQi: How is the outcome? Perfect?

Mommy: He,he...no worry, it is really easy. First time, not success, second time, sure perfect!

Chanelwong: Ye, ye...almost beat his kor kor in height and weight liao...

Babysmooches: Yalor, we shd meet up. My boys can play with your boy..sure fight one..he,he...drop by my house, you are always welcome...

Everydayhealy: Wow, eat, eat only mean 'hor mia'. Got someone to cook for you...he,he

Mommy said...

jo, i tried this recipe yesterday! and it was a success, and the kids loved it. thanks!
-pek imm

Chinneeq said...

am going to make this tonite.....still studying your recipe...seems a bit tedious since there are so many steps!!