Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Another false 'HEART' attack!!

Sometimes, I just couldn't understand, why after 1 'blow', within a week, came another 'blow' to me...It is really not easy to handle it mentally and physically. Now, I really know being a mother is WONDERFUL but, at the same times really stress and pressure (even stressful compare to working!!). And, esp. if you have more than 2 kids!! After Jona, came Iz....maybe, both boys too love their mom ler.

Last Thu nite, I realise that Iz body is a bit warm when I hug him, but, the thermometer didn't show that he has fever at all. And, following day, early morning, he got mild fever, and later when I fetch him, nanny give me a SHOCK new! Iz got fever, mouth ulcer and both his legs got red spot...can imagine what is the outcome??


Iz confirm got HFMD - Hand, Foot, Mouth Disease. Where he got it? How? Why Iz? All Qs pop in my mind non stop like CD player. Imagine, Friday nite, all alone by myself with Jona and Iz. Hubby always travel during weekend.....I just couldn't believe it - after Jona being admitted and just back home for several days (as life just started to return back to normal) Iz being confirmed has HFMD, and he need to be 'quarantine' for a week!! How am I going to do it all alone by myself? Quarantine Iz from Jona? It is really impossible since both live, eat, sleep together under same roof. And, worst of all, I got 'migraine' attack during that nite itself and I need to take pain killer for several days so I'm able to take care of Iz and Jona without resting(Doctor complain that I'm over stressed).

So, start all the traditional & western medicines for Iz. Calling mom for SOS...since I never had experience handling HFMD before...anyway, it is good as well for this to happen to me, at least, I know how to handle it in future + know few traditional medicines, herbs name by now....

Traditional medicines: Boil green bean + orange peel + some chinese herbs. 'Force' Iz drink the water using syringe, since his mouth ulcers is quite serious and he just can't swollen it.

In the same times, for those babies who is not allergic to egg, can use this remedy. Too bad, Iz got egg allergic. Only use white egg. Apply it to whole body, and take a facial cotton, soak into white egg and paste it on the baby anus. It is claim to 'suck' all the toxin from the intestines..and all the red spot will gone very fast.

For Iz, I just boiled 'bitterground leave' + salt = for him to shower to reduce the heat and red spot....Of course, western medicine being given as well.


Who know, thanks GOD, miracle do happen, on Sat itself, Iz poo poo out!! And, immediately on that day itself, no more fever - meaning good sign. Just too bad, the mouth ulcer need time to heal - and it is really painful(I really feel bad for him, really wish I could replace him for the pain)....Iz just can't close his mouth or eat his favourite food - jelly...so, he being so cranky, keep demanding this and that, and crying as well, complaining painful...For few days, he just couldn't eat, couldn't sleep well, keep open his mouth and 'let' the saliva contain virus spreading around (of course in the house - and pity mommy has to sweep and mop the floor while they are in zzzland)....imagine, 1 day only, I could just wash Iz shirt and towels, it is almost full load of my washing machine liao...
So, Emergency Leave again for me early this week...to take care of my prince Iz.....

And, when today I sent Iz to nanny house, Iz resume back to his normal self again - playful, eating, drinking, playing, poo poo etc.....which of course is good new for me. Iz recover fast without much problem. But, bad news is: Iz nanny who taking care of another baby E also got infected and nanny son (12 yrs old) too!! Currently the baby is under quarantine at home....guess 3 of them must have so close relationship huh?? Sharing food?? You one bite, I one bite??

Till now, I'm still praying hard hoping Jona will be 'protected' from this virus.....And, yesterday, finally I know the culprit is started from whom, and by now, it is actually no longer important anymore to accuse or scold her. No one actually wanted this thing to happen...It is all under GOD plan. To make me a strong(mentally and physically) mommy to take care of GOD angels while they are still under my custody.

And, during this phase, in my mind, I'm just thinking of no wonder everyone said "Mother is the best in this world". This experience remind me of how wonderful and big sacrifice my mom did to me...I still remember clearly the Malay song about Mother during mother day...contribute by Fernleaf(sometimes back)...something like "Ibu, Ibu, Engkaulah Ratu Hatiku"......

7 comments:

chanelwong said...

Get well soon...!!!! He is strong..

Mommy said...

oh dear, jo, so sorry for what you had to go through. but it only makes us stronger as mothers after that. cheer up, come i belanja you haagen daaz one day ok?
-pek imm

Health Freak Mommy said...

OMG, poor boy... one after another ordeal. Tks 4 showing the pic. At least now I know how it looks like. Get well soon. *Hugs*

michelle@mybabybay said...

I hope he get well soon. I tot for ulcers, you can get the ulcer gel to numb the pain from your paed.

Chinneeq said...

this is so scary!! Poor Jo, now i know why u always kena heart attack. eat more and sleep more when they are not around ya....

IMMomsDaughter said...

Poor Mommy and Jo. Mei Mei has got it before but luckily it wasn't too bad. So, I know what you are going through. Hope everything's well now. Take care, ya?

MamaJo said...

Everyone: Thanks a lot for your wishes & concerns!! Now, both kids ok liao, and Momi happy too!!